- Reads job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
- Sets stops or guides to specified length as indicated by scale, rule, or template.
- Positions work piece against stops or aligns layout marks with die or blade.
- Pushes button or depresses pedal to activate machine.
- Observes machine operation to detect work piece defects or machine malfunction.
- Measures work piece dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation.
- Removes burrs, sharp edges, rust, or scale from work piece.
- Performs minor machine maintenance such as oiling machines, dies, or work pieces.
- Assists machinists to set up machine, and stack, mark, pack, and transport finished work pieces.
- Performs preventative maintenance on machine per requirements.
- General housekeeping (sweeping, mopping etc) and overall cleaning or any other tasks assigned by supervisor.
- Any and all duties as assigned.