Technical purchasing background, can read and understand technical drawings, personable
He or She is responsible for the procurement of commodities through the development and implementation of commodity strategies plans and the management of supplier relationship. Other areas of responsibility include price negotiation, planning, production, inventory control, quality control and other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement procurement strategy and policies.
- Forecast procurement needs.
- Create and implement strategic supply chain partnerships.
- Continually develop expertise to support growth for new projects.
- Monitor macro trends in supplier and contract base and implement plans to react.
- Build and develop relationships with key suppliers and customers.
- Lead the procurement group in all phases.
- Identify and develop training opportunities.
- Order materials and services as per negotiated and appropriately approved. Review quotations.
- Prepare purchase requisitions, approve and issues purchase orders in accordance with company policy and negotiated terms and conditions.
- Maintain procurement files.
- Track Purchasing activity and measurements.
- Training purchasing Buyers and Planner Buyers in the department.
- Discuss defective or unacceptable new goods or services with users, vendors and others to determine cause of problem and take corrective and preventative action.
- Ensure supplier compliance with company requirements for safety.
- Manage vendor relationships and assist in building effective partnerships.
- Develop and implementing purchasing strategies for products families.
- Responsible for planning, developing and buying materials, parts, supplies and equipments in a timely and cost-effective way; timely manner while maintaining appropriate quality standards and specifications.
- Develop and review purchase requests and ensure authorization as necessary to facilitate the timely purchase of new food products.
- Negotiate vigorously to lower the cost and secure agreements with suppliers.
- Liaise with Accounts Payable Department to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices, as necessary for the business with the supplier.