Precision metal stamping company in Lake Forest, IL is looking for a Journeyman Tool Maker with Progressive Tooling to join their 1st shift team. This person needs to be versatile in all the skills of die building, troubleshooting and maintenance. This is an ISO certified company that does work for several industries including aerospace, automotive, electronics, audio, and safety equipment. The focus is on building progressive stamping tools. They build a wide variety of tooling including draw dies, pierce and form dies, in die tapping dies, and assembly dies. They have a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility that is air conditioned and family owned and operated. They service Fortune 500 companies globally.
- Candidate will make progressive tools from blueprints.
- Candidate must be able to maintain progressive dies, including forming, drawing, coining, and compound dies.
- Candidate must maintain die records along with timing information.
- Experience with die sensors, CAD, Solid Works, Wire EDM, and CNC machining is a plus.
- 5 years minimum experience in maintaining and constructing new tooling.